- automatically reconnects to a VPN when the connection is lost
- connects to a VPN on computer start-up
- logs VPN connection events for debugging
This is a free open source program designed with Visual Studio Community 2015. It requires the .NET framework 4.5.2, and it makes uses of the DotRas library.
- Download program from here: vpnautoconnect-1.0.zip (SHA1)
- Download sources from here: vpnautoconnect-1.0.src.zip (SHA1)
NB: use at your own risks. Tested under Windows 8.1 only.
There are 3 command-line arguments that control the behavior of the program, allowing you to achieve automatic VPN connections on computer startup for example.
--quiet: enables the 'do not display ballon tips' option
--timer=N: sets the timer to N seconds
--connection=XXX: automatically connect/reconnects to XXX when the application starts. If your connection has spaces in its name, try using quotes (ie. --connection="My VPN")